Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Thirteenth Tale Review

The Thirteenth Tale**3 stars**
August 23, 2012
Hardcover Edition

Honestly, I initially didn't think I was going to enjoy this book and struggled to keep reading. But once the story really begins it is difficult to put the book down.  The author weaves a tale within another and keeps you wanting more.  I absolutely love Vida Winter's story and the breaks between telling were well done.  Every time I started to get antsy and want to skip ahead to the "past," it would pick up again.  I wasn't really interested in Margaret's story which is probably why I had a hard time getting into the book in the beginning.  But I'm glad I stuck with it.  I don't know if I would really recommend the book to the general reader.  I really think you have to like the genre and the writing style to actually enjoy the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment