Friday, September 7, 2012

Heart of Darkness Review

Heart Of Darkness by Joseph Conrad**2 stars**
September 7, 2012
Paperback Edition

Once I finished the book, I realized that I had actually read it before. It was just so completely unmemorable that I forgot. I honestly didn't see the point in the story unless it was to offer a critique on humanity. But even that seems a little stretched. I think this book is one of those that is famous simply because it makes very little sense so anyone can interpret it how they like. I didn't understand why I was being told a story about some person who went insane from being in the jungle too long and how his voice was so powerful. I guess it just wasn't for me. Not a bad book overall, but not something I would read again (unless I forget that I read it like the last time).

No comments:

Post a Comment